Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Business Plan Research (part 2)

So, If any of you have been reading, I made a post about some aspects that certain business plan developers  believed was most important to present within a business plan. In this post, I am going to talk about what I am going to put into my business plan. Now, lets take the first guy, Mark Zwilling. He talks of ten turnoffs to potential investors, and I found that some of them are right. For example, I will obviously have an executive summary to sum up my business without being too wordy. Speaking of words, I will make sure of it that people look for errors in my writing before I formally present the business plan.

Secondly, there are the guys from Growthink. They have an extensive list of what one should consider when building their business plan. Outside of the obvious (executive summary), Lavinsky made a great point about industry anlysis. Think about it. I am starting a business in the gaming industry. How much of a fool would I look if I said that I won't bat an eye to EA and Activision, as they aren't the leaders in the industry? Know your industry (and articulate it properly), and your investor will know your business, simple as. Another form of analysis that I will keep in mind is the customer analysis. My business plan is more focused towards small businesses in Central Florida. If I was in front of an investor, I would mention the websites that they frequent, the general hobbies that many small business owners do, etc. This information will tell the investor that I know my market and who I am selling my services to. If I don't mention this at all, like the executive summary, I don't have a plan.

Sorry for the short post, but I feel that with a few of those rules (and yeah, I didn't mention more, guys..) given by the aforementioned businessmen, I believe that anyone can get that investor impressed. Thanks for reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment